Pathway to CertificationPre-Service Training
- Complete 30 hours of field experience on an HISD campus.
- Applicants will be required to participate in 150 credit hours of professional development courses provided by our Teacher Development Specialists.
- Complete a year-long internship as full-time teachers on campuses across the district.
- Accumulate 150 credit hours of professional development throughout their internship. This includes attending in-person professional learning courses, completing online modules, and participating in educational book studies.
- Receive live coaching, modeling, formal observations with feedback throughout the internship year.
- Pass Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities (PPR) Exam.
- Complete all program requirements as determined by HISD-ACP—including a satisfactory year of teaching in an HISD classroom.