My name is Monica Hawthorne and I am excited to join the NHECHS RedHawks. I was a Dual Credit Information Technology Teacher for 15 years, and a High School Counselor for 1 year before becoming a High School Registrar. I am a product of Houston ISD, Madison High School, and love the fact that I have the opportunity to share my knowledge and experience with Houston ISD students at NHECHS.
Click here to access Registrar Office Services. From the linked page you will be able to:
- Submit documents for Address Updates
- Sign Up for Attendance Clinics
- NHECHS Graduates can schedule to pick up or reorder a diploma
- Submit a DPS Verification of Enrollment request
- Access Numeric Grade Conversion Statement of Intent
- Access Off-Campus Physical Education Equivalent Program (OCPEEP) information
- Request a Conference (Phone, In-Person, or via Teams) with the Registrar
- Submit a request for your transcript, Verification of Enrollment letter, DACA documentation
- Access list of Apex teachers with their available times for online support.
Grad Lab Credit Recovery Information
- Students can access and work on their Credit Recovery courses at anytime once they return their signed APEX student agreement to Ms. Hawthorne.
- Click HERE to view APEX TEACHERS and the times they are available to meet with you.
- Teachers and NHECHS APEX support are not available on school holidays.
- The deadline for all Fall 2021 Session 2 course assignments is 11:59 Sunday, November 14, 2021.
Remote Attendance Appeal Clinic Information
- All students received a PINK APEX Course Agreement Oct 8 - Oct 12 with the list of courses on their record that currently have NGs.
- Students will have from Nov 6 - Nov 7 to complete 1 unit of content for each course that has an NG in Apex. (See table below)
- Courses will be loaded in Apex no later than 3:30 pm Nov 5 for students to begin working.
- Students will have until 11:59 PM Sunday, Nov 7th to complete the required unit for each of their courses.
- A Teams Group has been created and students added so that regular reminders can be sent. Please check your HISD Teams account regularly to make sure you receive any important updates/details.
- This remote option will allow those students who are not able to make it to campus a chance to address their NGs.
- After completing APEX requirements, each student must ALSO compose a reflection essay that will be submitted to Ms. Hawthorne by Monday, November 8, 2021.
- The paper should be sent to MHAWTHOR using the student's HISD Teams Chat.
- The requirements for the paper are posted in the Teams Attendance Clinic group.