The shirt colors will be changing for grade levels for the 2019-2020 school year. We want to encourage grade levels to ‘earn their colors,’ and this new order will allow parents to potentially save money in 7th and 8th grade because those colors will be the same as the previous grade level from this year.
In order to provide the safest, most orderly learning environment at Revere Middle School, the following dress and grooming code will be strictly enforced.
- All clothing should be properly fitted. Students must arrive on campus in dress code, including have shirts tucked in and ID badges on, and then change for PE, athletics, or dance.
- Shirts Uniform shirts with Revere logo can be purchased on campus in limited sizes. (We accept Cash only). Uniform shirts are grade assigned by color:
6th Grade: Gray
7th Grade: Red
8th Grade: Blue
- Shirts are to be tucked in at all times once a student is on campus. This includes times before and after school. Shirts must be long enough to tuck in pants, no tummies showing.
- Undershirts: any shirt (limit one) worn under the school shirt must be white. Long sleeve shirts worn under shirts on cold days must also be white.
- Students may wear belts, but belt buckles cannot have letters or numbers and cannot be more than 2 inches longer than waist and must be secured in a loop around the waist.
- Sweat shirts and Jackets: Sweat shirts or jackets must match the required grade-level color. Revere logo sweatshirts may be purchased in the office. Any other sweatshirts cannot have logos larger than a quarter. While hooded sweatshirts/jackets are permitted, wearing the hood inside the building is not.
- 6th grade: Gray
- 7th grade: Red
- 8th grade: Blue
- Shoes must be closed toes and have a full back or heel strap for the safety of all students. No flip flops or slippers/house shoes (including those with a closed heel) are permitted.
- Fridays: Revere spirit T-shirts will be allowed on Fridays. All other dress code rules apply.
- Khaki Shorts, Capris or Pants: Monday-Friday: Students may wear khaki colored pants, capris or shorts that are at least the length of their extended finger tips. They must be fitted at the waist.
- Blue jeans are allowed on some occasions. No holes. No rips. No jeggings.
- Backpacks: ONLY CLEAR or See-through MESH backpacks are allowed on campus at Revere.
- Religious head coverings are permitted.
- Revere School issued ID should be worn around neck at all times on campus.
- Shirts or blouses opened beyond the first one or two buttons.
- The following are not permitted: (1) sagging pants; (2) "skinny" or knit/stretch (skin-tight) pants; (3) leggings or jeggings; (4) holdens, bedazzeled or other designs; (5) pegged pants; and (6) unhemmed cut off pants or shorts.
- Hats, scarves, bandanas, headbands, hairnets, doo rags, or wristbands are not be allowed on campus. These items will be confiscated and more than likely not returned to the student.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the building unless they are worn for health reasons.
- Large belt buckles and/or large necklaces worn outside the shirt will not be allowed. No belt buckles with any letters or numbers on them. These items will be confiscated and returned to the student at the end of the day. If a student repeatedly wears this item it will not be returned.
- Using grooming appliances (i.e. hair combs, brushes, curlers) as hair decorations is not permitted. Hair will be worn in a manner (style) that will not interfere with school activities.