Admissions and Enrollment
If you have already applied and been accepted for the 2020-2021 school year, we are currently registering students:
- Please contact Ana Narvaez at Ana.Narvaez@houstonisd.org for virtual registration procedures
You may still apply for the 2020-2021 school year, we are currently accepting these applications:
- IF your child is NEW to HISD, you may apply for any transfer offered at Mark White Elementary
- Students enrolled in HISD last year, may apply for the following:
- Boundary Option-You apply for this transfer if you are zoned to Briargrove, Piney Point, Pilgrim, or Emerson. THE LAST DAY FOR BOUNDARY OPTION TRANSFERS IS AUGUST 28, 2020.
- Language of Instruction -You apply for this transfer if your zoned campus does not offer a Spanish Bilingual program in PreK-3rd grade OR if your zoned campus does not offer French Immersion for PreK-4th grade IF you child is has a home language of French.
- Pre-K Enrollment is no longer being done through the online application system. Please contact Ana Narvaez for Pre-K registration information at Ana.Narvaez@houstonisd.org
Mark White Elementary is a non-zoned school, which means there is no attendance boundary.
- It is a boundary option school for Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Point.
- There are no admission requirements.
- French Immersion program is in PK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade, and 4th Grade for the 2020-2021 school year. For non-French speaking students, you may apply for PK, Kinder, and 1st grade. For students who live outside of the Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Points zone, he/she may apply for a discretionary transfer. Discretionary transfers will be approved based on space available.
- If the school receives more applications than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted.