Admissions and Enrollment
Mark White Elementary is a non-zoned school, which means there is no attendance boundary.
There are 2 options to apply for a transfer to Mark White Elementary. Applications for the 2018-2019 school year may be submitted now. Parents will be notified of acceptance in March. Please read below to determine which type of application you will need for the 2018-2019 school year. Applications will be processed using the following phases. At the end of Phase 1, if there are more applications than spaces available in a particular grade level, a lottery will be conducted.
- It is a boundary option school for Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Point.
- There are no admission requirements.
- French Immersion program in PK, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade for the 2017-2018 school year. For students who live outside of the Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Points zone, he/she may apply for a discretionary transfer. Discretionary transfers will be approved based on space available.
- If the school receives more applications than spaces available, a lottery will be conducted.
- Phase 1 (September 22, 2017 - December 08, 2017)
- Phase 2 (December 09, 2017 - May 31, 2018)
- Phase 3 (June 1, 2018 - August 10, 2018)
Option #1-Use this option if you interested in our French Immersion Program. If you are a parent of a PK, Kindergarten, or 1st grade student who would like to participate in the French Dual Language Immersion Program, please complete the paper transfer application here. In the section titled “Reason for Transfer”, please write-French Dual Language Immersion. Please indicate if you already have a child attending Mark White Elementary. You may submit the paper application to email@example.com OR you may drop it off at Mark White Elementary. To be including in the lottery for Phase 1, you must submit by December 8, 2017.
Option #2-Use this option if you are currently zoned to Briargrove, Piney Point, Emerson, or Pilgrim and are NOT applying to the French Immersion Program If you are a parent of a PK-5th grader and would like to enroll, please complete the online application here. You also have the option of paper transfer application, which can be found here. You may submit the paper application to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you may drop it off at Mark White Elementary. To be included in the lottery for Phase 1, you must submit by December 8, 2017.