About Fondren Middle School
- Fondren has a rigorous academic program based on the New Education System-Aligned (NES-A). The NES-A schools are priority schools in HISD that will be provided with resources and support to dramatically improve outcomes for their students.
- Fondren’s Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) program allows for extensive scientific enrichment for its students.
- Fondren holds the classification of neighborhood Vanguard school. Our advanced placement and gifted and talented classes are held to the same standard as Vanguard schools. Additionally, we offer Algebra and Technology classes for high school credit.
- Fondren serves grades 6th, 7th & 8th. Each grade level has its own Assistant Principal. 6th grade is housed on the first floor, and 7th and 8th grades are housed on the second floor.
- Fondren students adhere to a uniform. All students wear khaki slacks with polo-type shirts. This system allows staff to monitor students and ensure safety.
- The school day is from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The schedule includes 9 classes per day on a modified block which are inclusive of both core content and elective classes: Art of Thinking, Science of Reading, ELA (ESL), Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Electives and Technology.