Per the district Student Code of Conduct, Longfellow Elementary adheres to cell phone use policy. Use of electronic devices on campus is considered a Level II act of misconduct.
Students are not allowed to use a cell phone during operating hours, unless given explicit permission by the teacher, including:
- During morning arrival.
- In class.
- In transit to another location within the building, such as leaving the classroom to use the restroom, recess, lunch and other times.
- Receiving a text/call from their parent during class time.
- Attending field trips and other school functions.
- Arrival and dismissal times.
Cell phones are to remain off and in their backpacks from arrival to dismissal each day. This includes headphones and Air Pods.
CONSEQUENCES FOR CELL PHONE & ELECTRONIC DEVICE VIOLATIONS
If a student violates any of the policy stated above, the phone or other electronic device can be confiscated by any staff member present and the student will face disciplinary action.
- If a device is confiscated:
- Staff will follow Longfellow disciplinary protocol.
- The parent of the student must schedule a time with the Assistant Principal and/or administrative designee, if not available.
- A fine of $15 payable in cash and correct change must be paid to the Secretary.
**The school is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced electronics.