About Our School
Mark White Elementary was a new school constructed as part of the 2012 HISD bond project. It is located on a beautifully wooded piece of land, just north of Westheimer on Old Farm Road. During the planning process of the school, special consideration was given to the preservation of the wooded site. The school is named after Governor Mark White of Texas and will be opening in August 2016.
Mark White Elementary is....
- A non-zoned school, which means there is no attendance boundary.
- It is a boundary option school for Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Point.
- We offer unique programming-
- French Dual Language Immersion in PK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade, and 4th Grade for the 2020-2021 school year. We will be adding 5th Grade for the 2021-2022 school year. For students who live outside of the Briargrove, Emerson, Pilgrim, and Piney Points zone, and are interested in French Immersion, he/she may apply for a transfer for PK through 1st grade. Transfers will be approved based on space available.
- Global Education-At Mark White Elementary, we are committed to developing students who are prepared for the 21st century. We will work on developing characteristics within our students that prepare them to be successful in college and compete in today's global marketplace. We will offer a curriculum focused on conceptual learning, cultural awareness, and a global perspective.