Overview of Academic Resources
Click the links on the left for more information.
- STAAR: Check out this page for information about the STAAR tests 3rd-5th graders will be taking in the spring.
- Promotion Standards: Look at this page for information about what students must do to be promoted to the next grade.
- Global Graduate: Click this page to learn about the Global Graduate profile, or the characteristics HISD wants every student to develop so they will be successful in college and careers.
- High Frequency Word Evaluation: This page explains one of the important promotion requirements for kindergartners, first graders, and second graders and provides resources you can use to help them be successful.
- Digital Resources: Check out this page for resources to support your child's learning.
- Curriculum and Instruction: This page provides a wealth of resources and information about what your child is learning at school.
- Grading and Report Cards: Look here to find out more information about what your child's grades mean.
- Explanation of Assessments: Check this page for descriptions of assessments your child may be taking this year.