THE RICE SCHOOL/LA ESCUELA RICE
- We believe that every attempt should be made to maintain the dignity of both the adult and the student.
- We believe that students should be guided and expected to solve the problems they create without making problems for anyone else.
- We believe that students should be given the opportunity to make decisions and live with the resulting consequences.
- We believe that students should have the opportunity to tell their side of the story (due process hearing) when consequences appear to be unfair.
- We believe that misbehavior should be viewed as an opportunity for individual problem solving and preparation for the real world as opposed to a personal attack on the school or staff.