Congratulations on being offered placement into The Rice School’s STEM Magnet Program!
Face-to-face enrollment will be:
- Monday, May 15 at 9:00 am to 11:00 am for kindergarten
- Wednesday, May 17 at 9:00 am to 11:00 for 1st-8th grade:
*For ALL students, new to HISD or returning, after one full school year, the following documents will be collected during the face-to-face enrollment:
- Copy of Driver’s license for any parent or guardian who will be listed on enrollment forms
- Copy of student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of student’s updated immunization record
- Copy of student’s Social Security card
- Copy of student’s most recent report card (if applicable)
- Proof of address (Must be most current utility bill showing parent’s name and service address -water/electricity/gas).
- Enrollment Packet (link to enrollment documents attached)
- * Additional Documents (GT Identification Letter, 504/Special Education documentation)
** For current HISD students, we only require the signed Magnet Entrance Agreement and Proof of Residency that was previously uploaded into the magnet lottery system.
2023-2024 Enrollment Packet. May be found at https://www.houstonisd.org/RiceMagnetForms
You will receive an email with registration day information.
Once again, and welcome to The Rice School.
Dr. Vickie Matson
The Rice School/La Escuela Rice K-8th
Magnet/Gifted & Talented Programs Coordinator K-8