Congratulations again on being offered placement into The Rice School’s STEM Magnet Program!
*For initial seat offers made on January 27, 2022, parents will have 10 business days to submit the required documentation to secure their seat offer. The seat acceptance and required documents must be submitted by the end-of-day on Thursday, February 10.
*Any seat not accepted, and documents submitted by end-of-day, Thursday, February 10, 2022, the seat offer will be declined, and parent must submit another magnet application. This application will be considered a Phase 2 application and will be processed as such!
*All parents must log into the parent dashboard to accept or decline the seat offer as soon as possible, accept the STEM Magnet Entrance Agreement and upload current proof of address in HISD.
*For ALL students, new to HISD or returning after one full school year, please follow the steps below:
- Collect and scan the following documents, in a printable pdf format, to be submitted via email
- Copy of Driver’s license for any parent or guardian who will be listed on enrollment forms
- Copy of student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of student’s updated immunization record
- Copy of student’s Social Security card
- Proof of address (Must be most current utility bill showing parent’s name and service address -water/electricity/gas).
- 2022-2023 Enrollment Packet may be found below and at https://www.houstonisd.org/RiceMagnetForms
- Scan all documents in one email, if possible, to ensure that all documents are received together.
- In the subject line of the email, please include your child’s first and last name along with the incoming grade level. For example: Subject: Victoria Matson – 1st
- Email complete list of documents to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact me via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, congratulations and welcome to The Rice School.
Dr. Vickie Matson
The Rice School/La Escuela Rice K-8th
Magnet/Gifted & Talented Programs Coordinator K-8