Fundraising FormWHS Approval FormField Trip Form
Wheatley High School is required to maintain accurate records of all fundraising activity. Aside from the financial record keeping, this protocol also allows us to avoid duplication and minimize the number in progress at one time which would dilute your efforts.
All fundraisers require prior approval; please adhere to the following procedure that applies to your fundraiser.
I. WHS Student Activity Fund
1. All fundraisers that involve student participation must run funds through the WHS Activity Fund. This section also applies to parent-run fundraisers not handled by the PTO, ABC or MBC (see II below).
2. When planning your fundraising activities for the year, please remember that students may only participate in two fundraisers per organization per school year. The maximum duration of any fundraiser is two weeks.
3. If you are selling any item other than food please remember to figure sales tax into the price charged for the item being sold. Sales tax will be taken out of the money turned in to Ms. Revis at the time it is receipted and will be deducted from the amount put into the activity account.
4. All bills for fundraisers should come to Ms. Revis for payment from the activity account that is doing the fundraiser. Profits will be determined after all bills have been paid pertaining to that fundraiser.
5. Form AF-104 must accompany collection of funds.
6. Only food items that are pre-ordered and delivered at a time when they will not be consumed on campus will be approved. (Examples would be cookie dough or pies baked to order.)
7. Submit the WHS Fundraiser Approval Form and HISD Permission Form AF-108 at least two weeks prior to the commencement of your event. You will receive a copy of the WHS form once approved. The HISD form is required by the district and provides documentation to code the deposits and disbursements to the proper student activity account.
II. PTO, ABC and Music Boosters
1. Parent-run fundraisers not involving student participation may alternatively be handled by the WHS Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO), Athletic Booster Club (ABC) or Music Boosters if eligible.
2. All deposits and disbursements related to the fundraising event will be handled by that organization’s Treasurer. The organization’s guidelines related to handling proceeds apply.
3. Only food items that are pre-ordered and delivered at a time when they will not be consumed on campus will be approved.
4. Submit the WHS Fundraiser Approval Form at least two weeks prior to the commencement of your event. You will receive a copy of the WHS form once approved.
Forms are available from, and should be returned to, Ms. Montoya in the Main Office. Once approved, the event is recorded, Form AF-108 (if applicable) is initialed and given to Ms. Revis and a copy of the Fundraiser Information Form is returned to the sponsor, coach, director or organization president.
After your event has been approved, you may publicize the fundraiser during morning announcements, on our bulletin boards in the Commons, in the weekly news and/or on our website. If you need a facility reservation, please complete the required form.
Field Trips/Extra Curricular Activities
An HISD permission form must be signed by a parent or guardian and returned to school in order for a student to participate in any activity that requires him/her to leave campus during school hours. A handwritten note cannot be accepted. For safety reasons, a parent or guardian may be asked to accompany a student on a field trip. Field Trip money will only be refunded under extenuating circumstances. Students must have satisfactory conduct to participate.
These are the Field Trip Permission Forms that are now in use. You are now able to download the slip you need and print it out if your child has lost or cannot find his/hers and return it to his/her teacher. All payments should be made in CASH. No checks will be accepted by the office. Only those persons that have been cleared through the district can act as chaperones on fieldtrips. If you are interested in being a chaperone, please contact your child's teacher or the office for details. Please turn completed forms into the office or your child's teacher.VIPS Sign-Up Link