• To complete registration, the following documents are necessary. Please note: REGISTRATION is not enrollment – enrollment begins the 1st day of attendance at school. Registration means that you intend to come on the 1st day. Every school district requires the identification of each student as a condition of enrollment, which must be under a student's legal name as shown on that student's birth certificate or other court documents. The parent or legal guardian must furnish documentation of the student's identity, age, and residence and a copy of the student's records within 30 days of enrollment (or 90 days if the student was born outside the U.S.). If the student does not have a Social Security number, HISD will assign a Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) number. 

    Kindergarten Student Enrollment ONLY
    All incoming kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year when the child begins kindergarten.  This is a State of Texas law and there are no exceptions to this law.


    New K-5 Student Enrollment
    All documents on the checklist and proof of residency are required for new student registrations in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. All original documents will be photocopied and returned at the time of registration.


    Enrollment is based on a first-come, first-serve basis with all completed registration information. HISD does not allow schools to hold spaces for new incoming students. All incomplete forms will not be processed, you must have everything with you on the day of registration. See the school registrar Brown, Regina, for questions concerning enrollment.


    Gifted and Talented Enrollment Information
    Contact Arriola, Danielle L, Vanguard Coordinator, for any questions concerning the Vanguard (Gifted and Talented) testing schedule, and qualifications for this program.


     ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST- Bring All Items with You

    • Original Birth Certificate for students born in the United States or Passport if born in another country
    • The student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st

    If your child is entering HISD from another school district, you will also need a record of current immunizations and his or her most recent report card. The school will request an academic transcript from your child's previous school.


    Registration Packet (All pages must be completed)

    Birth Certificate (Bring original; a copy will be made)


    Proof of Residency (Current utility bill or lease. No phone or cable bills.)

    Social Security Card

    Parent Identification (Driver’s license or passport)


    Immunization - child must be up to date

    • Two polio + boosters after the age of 4
    • Three DPT + boosters after the age of 4
    • Two MMR after the age of one (at least one month apart)
    • Hepatitis B - three doses
    • Varicella -two doses after the age of 1 year or history of illness
    • Hepatitis A - two doses after the age of 1 year 
    • Child’s Social Security Card (original, we will make a copy) HISD will assign another 9-digit number if we are not provided with our original social security card.

               Additional requirements for Pre-K:
                  4 Doses       PCD (last dose after 1st birthday)
                  3 Doses       HIB (last dose after 1st birthday) 

     Additional Requirements for students enrolling in 1st through 5th grades:

    • Students enrolling in first through fifth-grade need last report card, and standardized testing or withdrawal sheets from the previous school. Provide the address and phone number of the previous schools.
    • If your child qualifies for Vanguard/GT at another HISD school, you will need to bring a copy of the GT Matrix and GT Status report for placement in our vanguard program.
    • Parents/Guardian Driver Licenses with zoned address (we will make a copy).  Parents relocating to the United States will use their passports until a driver’s license is obtained. 


    PRE-K Applicants Only:
    Pre-K Application
    Proof of Income (2 Check Stubs)   

    PROOF OF RESIDENCY- You will need 3 of the Following Items

    a. Most current Electric bills showing residential service with the name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead.

    b. Most current Gas bills showing residential service with the name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead

    c. Most current Water bills showing residential service with the name and address of residents. If not available, confirmation letters of established account on utility company letterhead

    d. Harris County Appraisal District statement showing Homestead Exemption for the current year or Warranty Deed if you recently purchased your home. If you are purchasing a home in the school zone bring a signed contract with a closing date within thirty days. Final closing documents must be submitted to the school and you must be living in the resident before the school year begins.

    e. Lease Agreement (if applicable).  If you are currently leasing a home or apartment the lease must list all occupants living in the home including all children, bring the entire lease agreement.  All lease agreements will be verified with the landlord.  Also, a receipt showing the current month's rent has been paid or back and front copy of your canceled check from your financial institution.