January 28, 2021
Congratulations on being offered placement into The Rice School’s STEM Magnet Program.
Time is of the essence. You have 10 business days to accept the seat offer.
- Go online to HISDChoice.com and accept your child’s magnet seat at The Rice School. You must do this first. If you are not planning on accepting the seat, please decline your spot ASAP.
- Collect and scan the following documents to be submitted along with the registration forms that are required to complete the enrollment process:
- Copy of Driver’s license for any parent or guardian who will be listed on enrollment forms
- Copy of student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of student’s updated immunization record
- Copy of student’s Social Security card
- Proof of address (Must be most current utility bill showing parent’s name and service address -water/electricity/gas).
- Download and print the 8-page 2021-2022 Enrollment Packet below.
- Complete ALL documents in their entirety, including signatures. (Magnet Entrance Agreement requires the signature of both the parent and student for grades 6th, 7th, and 8th grades).
- Scan all documents in one email, if possible, to ensure that all documents are received together.
- In the subject line of the email, please include your child’s first and last name along with the incoming grade level. For example: Subject: Victoria Matson – 1st
- Email completed Enrollment Packet to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Any seats not accepted and completed documents not submitted by the end of the day, February 14, 2021, will be declined. Once the seat offer is declined, the student will go to the end of the waitlist.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email at email@example.com.
Once again, congratulations and welcome to The Rice School.
Vickie Matson, MBA, PHR
The Rice School/La Escuela Rice K-8th
Magnet/GT Coordinator K-8
Lead Student Council Sponsor