Welcome to Parker
Educating students. Changing lives.
Cynthia Ann Parker Elementary School in Houston, Texas, is committed to building the academic foundation and personal growth needed by all students for future success. But Parker’s contribution to your child’s future doesn’t stop with textbooks. As Houston’s original music magnet school, Parker has the honor of being named a Grammy Signature Elementary School.
- Our mission is to foster a safe space for ALL students to learn and grow while meeting their social, emotional, academic, and artistic needs.
- Our vision is to serve as Houston's premier school of choice for music and academics.
- Our Core Values: High Expectations, Individuality, Progress and Achievement, Equity and Equality, Development of the Whole Child
Parker Elementary is proud of its accomplishments.
- American Choral Directors National Conference, Miami Florida - selected to perform
- Capitol Rotunda Performance, Austin Texas
- Concerts with the Houston Chamber Choir
- Chorus Performance with the Doctor's Orchestra, Rice University
- D.C. Festivals, San Antonio, Texas
- Odyssey of the Mind, Regional, state and World Competition
- Energy Magazine Opening Breakfast for the Off Shore Drilling National Conference
- HISD Winter Fest
- OAKE - Organization of American Kodaly Educations National Conference, Dallas, Texas - selected to perform
- Performances for Political Dignitaries
- Performances at Minute Maid Park for Houston Astros games
- Spring in the Park Festival, San Antonio, Texas -Outstanding Performance Award
- Suzuki Association National Conference, Chicago, Illinois
- Suzuki of the Americas National Conference, Minneapolis, MN
- Texas Music Educators Convention, San Antonio, Texas
Parker’s success is largely attributable to the involvement and generosity of our teachers, parents, and surrounding community. We encourage you to learn more about our volunteer opportunities or to come visit us.
Parker Elementary is a 501 c3 registered non-profit.Dedicated faculty. Diverse students. Working together.
Parker Elementary’s strong academic performance and reputation is attributable to our experienced faculty and kind support of our parents and PTO. With more than 45% of our faculty having over ten years of experience (and 35% with between five and ten years), our staff is one of the most seasoned in the city of Houston.For many years, from 1997 through 2010, Parker achieved “Recognized” or "Exemplary" status by the TEA (Texas Education Agency).Parker continues to be recognized by the state for its superior academic achievement, consistently achieving the state education agency's top ratings.