How do I become a student observer in Houston ISD?
All student observers must complete an online application in order to be considered for observations. All student observers must pass a criminal background check before observations can begin. The process can take up to two weeks from application to final approval.
Note: All student observers must have a signed approval form from either an ACP, college, or university program stating the need to complete observation hours or field experience. Failure to upload this form to the application will eliminate the application from consideration.
Phase 1: Complete the online application
- Upload the program observation or field experience approval form to the application. Failure to upload this form to the application will eliminate the application from consideration.
If a student observer has previously created an account with HISD, the same account may be used to apply for student observations
- Log in to the account
- Under “Vacancy Desired” click “In Category:”
- Select “Student Teacher”
- Click “Search”
- Select “JobID: 50961 Student Observer 2018-2019”
- Upload the required form in the "Supplemental Document" section
- Click “Finish and Submit”
Phase 2: Criminal Background Check
- The background check can take up to 2 weeks to complete.
- Once the background check has been CLEARED, student observers are eligible for observations at any HISD campus.
Phase 3: Approval
- An email confirmation will be sent from TeacherRecruitment@houstonisd.org to the student observer, which states approval for campus observations.
- The email confirmation can be provided by the student observer to the campus staff as proof of district approval.