950 buses • 36,000 students • 87,000 miles a day
Are you ready to join the Transportation team at HISD?
The HISD Transportation Department provides students with safe, professional and efficient transportation. Every day, our team provides transportation to and from school as well as educational field trips, athletic competitions, and events. Coordination of these events requires a great group of professional bus drivers, a competent support staff and a well-maintained bus fleet.
HISD Transportation is the largest single district provider of school bus service in the state of Texas. The department employs more than 1,200 employees and has roughly 1,000 buses in service. It uses 950 buses to transport approximately 36,000 students to and from school daily, traveling more than 87,000 miles a day and about 18 million miles each year.
If you're looking for a way to help serve the children of your community in a rewarding career, you've come to the right place! HISD is looking for the best individuals to become a part of our transportation team.
- CDL training classes
- Starting pay at $18.00 hourly
- Guaranteed minimum of 5 hours per day
- Health, dental, vision and other benefit options
- Teachers Retirement System participation
- 403 (b) retirement plan options
Of course, we are looking for the best to provide safe, reliable, and punctual transportation for our students. Therefore, we require the following:
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Ability to pass a background investigation
- Motor Vehicle Report below 6 points
- Ability to pass drug/alcohol screening
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing
- Customer service orientationIf you think you've got what it takes to be a part of our team, contact Transportation Human Resources at 713-613-3068 for more information.
2021 Job Fair Dates
Northwest Motor Pool, 6351 Pinemont Drive. Houston, TX 77092
Wednesday, Feb. 10, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 24, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, March 10, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, March 31, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, April 14, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, April 28, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, May 12, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesday, May 26, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
APPLICANT MUST BRING TO JOB FAIR:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
DURING THE JOB FAIR, APPLICANTS CAN EXPECT:
- On-site Interviews
- Drug Testing
- Motor Vehicle Record Review