- Visit the HISD Careers site and create an account.
- To be considered for an Assistant Principal or Dean position, select the position titled "Assistant Principal/Dean, District-Wide 2021 - 2022" under the vacancy desired section of your application.
- To be considered for a Principal position, select the position titled "Principal, District-Wide 2021-2022" under the Vacancy Desired section of your application.
- Under the work experience section of the application, provide a detailed description of the work you did for each of your entries with a special emphasis on any work performed in a leadership capacity. This information must be provided on the application; do not enter "See Resume." *Be sure to include the name of your current supervisor, campus, and school district.
- Make sure to include the names and email addresses of at least three references. A current supervisor reference is required. School-based applicants should list the principal or immediate supervisor as a reference.
- Candidates for leadership roles must upload a resume and cover letter under the Supplemental Documents Upload section of their application.
- Your resume should be organized in reverse chronological order and should tell the story of your career progression and growth as a leader.
- Your cover letter should briefly introduce yourself and include data to support your case for why you are a good choice to lead an urban school.
- Candidates must hold a valid Texas Standard Principal certification at the time application is submitted.
- Candidates who hold an out-of-state Principal certification may visit this link to apply for a review of credentials.
- Check your email spam folder regularly to ensure you do not miss any communications from the selection team.
Applicants will be rejected after 14 days if they have not adhered to the above guidelines.
Once your application is submitted, our selection team will review your application, resume, cover letter, and certification information.
If selected to move forward, an email invitation will be sent with the next steps.
If not selected to move forward, our team will send you an email that will detail when you will be eligible to reapply.
Please note, the selection team is unable to provide candidates with specific feedback or recommendations regarding their application other than the information provided on this page.
Click here to review the HISD Campus Leadership Selection Process.