HISD Referral Bonus Program
Current, campus-based Houston Independent School District employees may receive a bonus (incentive) of $300 for a successful referral of a teacher candidate to Houston ISD.
The teacher referred and hired by Houston ISD must:
- Meet eligibility requirements for that position.
- Receive an official offer of employment between July 24, 2023 and the start of school.
- Indicate the current Houston ISD employee’s name (person who referred them) on the “How did you hear about us?” survey, to be administered between September 11, 2023 and September 25, 2023.
- Sign a contract and start work by the first day of school, August 28, 2023.
- Work on an intern certificate, 1-year certificate, or standard certificate. Emergency permits are not eligible.
A teacher referral bonus (incentive) is payable only to campus-based Houston ISD employees, who must be employed with Houston ISD at the time the bonus (incentive) is paid. Please note:
- Houston ISD Central Office staff members are not eligible to receive the teacher referral bonus (incentive).
- Houston ISD building Principals, Assistant Principals, and Deans, are not eligible to receive the teacher referral bonus (incentive) for a teacher that is hired at their current school or another HISD school.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who qualifies to receive the incentive?
When will the HISD Teacher Referral Bonus be paid to qualifying staff members who successfully referred teachers to the district?