• Every school district requires identification of each student as a condition of enrollment, which must be under a student's legal name as shown on that student's birth certificate or other court document. The parent or legal guardian must furnish documentation of the student's identity, age, and residence and a copy of the student's records within 30 days of enrollment (or 90 days if the student was born outside the U.S.). If the student does not have a Social Security number, HISD will assign a Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) number. 


    A parent or legal guardian who resides with relatives or friends within HISD and who wishes to send a child to an HISD school may submit an affidavit of residence. The parent or guardian must complete the affidavit at the zoned school and must supply:

    1. photo identification;
    2. a letter from the official resident of the address at which the applicant is living, stating how long the applicant has lived at that address;
    3. the name of the school the student had attended most recently;
    4. a copy of the official resident's most recent bill for electricity, gas, or water; and
    5. if the residence is an apartment, a valid lease giving the names of all residents.

    To enroll your child at Herod, bring the child's birth certificate or other proof of age, proof of your residential address (lease agreement or a utility bill), and a record of current immunizations signed by a doctor. (Your child may enroll provisionally if you bring proof that the required immunizations have begun and are on schedule.) For details about necessary inoculations, call HISD Health Services at 713-349-7423.


    If your child is entering HISD from another school district, you will also need a record of current immunizations and his or her most recent report card. The school will request an academic transcript from your child's previous school.

    Registration Packet (All pages must be completed)
    Birth Certificate (Bring original; copy will be made)
    Proof of Residence (Current utility bill or lease. No phone or cable bills.)
    Social Security Card
    Parent Identification (Driver’s license or passport)

    Enrollment Forms