Translation of SIP/Translation of various languages:
Title I schools must have the entire School Improvement Plan translated in the language(s) of parents of enrolled students. Translated School Improvement Plans must be placed in the campus’ Title I bin as well as made available in the front office. Although it is “best practice” to have the SIP’s available in all languages (as spoken by the parents represented at your campus), the External Funding Department highly suggests where there is at least 10% of any parent population who speak such language(s) that the document must be translated in those languages.
Purpose of the Title I, Part A Program:
The purpose of Title I, Part A is to ensure that all children, particularly low achieving children in the highest-poverty schools, have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and State academic assessments.
Part A Program Annual Parent Meeting WHS PowerPoint
Vist the External Funding Titles I, II & IV Department website for additional information.
Please find the following documents below:
- Parents' Right to Know
- El derecho de los padres a saber
- Title I Program Status
- School-Parent Compact
- Pacto de padres de la escuela
- Parent & Family Engagement Policy
- Normas de participación de los padres en la escuela
- Description & Explanation of Curriculum
- Explicar currículo de HISD
- Description & Explanation of Academic Assessments
- Descripción y explicación de las evaluaciones
- Promotion Standards
- Federal School Report Card
- Annual Evaluation of the Title I Parent and Family Engagement Program
- Evaluacion anual del Programa de Titulo 1 de Padres y Familias