Language Arts (Reading/Writing/Listening/Speaking)
- 100% letter/sound fluency
- Recognize and Respond to Story Elements (character, setting, sequencing, etc.)
- Read and comprehend stories and answer questions
- Recognize 75 High Frequency Words
- Read 40 words per minute or more
- Write correct simple sentences
- Write upper and lower case letters
- Summarize (retell) a short story
- Oral interpretation of pictorial sequencing
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Rote count to 100
- Count, create and represent groups up to 20
- Identify, extend, and create patterns
- Measure, Estimate and Compare objects (length, capacity and area)
- Tell time to the hour
- Identify coins and their value
- Interpret and discuss data in real or pictorial graphs
- Identify halves, thirds, and fourths
- Calendar (days, month, year, daily date)
- Identifying and apply math in daily activities
- Daily problem solving
- Safety rules and procedures (Best Practices)
- Instruments and tools
- Increase Science vocabulary
- Acquire science skills like investigation and inquiry
- Generate own ideas through Science experiences.
- Understanding the relevance of science in their daily world.
- Identify parts of plants and animals their needs, ecosystems
- Rules, laws, civic responsibilities and routines.
- Home, family, community, and school
- National symbols, celebrations and historical figures
- State symbols, celebrations and historical figures
- Geography – identify and interpret maps, keys, and physical landforms.
- Develop English phonics
- Recognize High Frequency Words (HFW) in English
- Comprehend teacher instructions in English
- Comprehend discuss short stories in English
- Develop conversational English by participating in small and large group discussions.