ENROLLMENT FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
Due to the districtwide closure and current restrictions involving social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the application process for pre-K is now online only.
HISD is currently accepting applications for its full-day Pre-K program at schools across the district, offering more 3- and 4-year-old students in our community with the opportunity to attend a high-quality program that will build a strong foundation of learning.
How to enroll
HISD PRE-K registration for school year 2022-2023 will be online. Please visit HISD School Choice to complete an application now. You will need to upload the documentation listed below:
- Parent income (check, award letter, child support, SSD)
- Proof of address (utility bill such as light, gas, water, or lease)
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child's social security card
- Child’s immunization record
- Parent identification (driver's license or ID card)
Who can enroll
To be eligible for enrollment in a free, full-day pre-K program, a child must:
- Be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of the enrolling school year and a resident of HISD.
And meet one of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak and understand English
- Economically disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- Child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Has ever been in state foster care
- Homeless (no documents needed to enroll)
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
For families that do not meet any of the above criteria, but have noted their child as an English Language Learner, applications will be designated as "Qualified pending" until the preLAS can be administered prior to the first day of school.
For more information in regards to PK enrollment please visit HISD Early Childhood.
If you have further questions please contact Maria Artiga, Registrar, at Maria.Artiga@houstonisd.org or 713-924-1720.