- HISD is currently accepting Pre-K applications for 3- and 4-year-olds for the 2021-2022 school year.
- HISD is also accepting Pre-K applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Follow the steps below to start your application.
- The Phase 1 application window is open from September 10-March 10, 2022 for qualifying and Tuition 4-year-olds to be considered in the first round of lotteries.
- To learn more information about the application timeline, click HERE or join us HERE virtually at one of the School Choice Fairs on October 2, 16, and 30, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
Here are the steps to start the application:
- Click on the list of schools below to find a school with a prekindergarten program
- Next, visit the School Choice website now to start the online application for Pre-K
- You will need to submit the following documents: proof of parent identity (ex: driver’s license), proof of child identity (ex: birth certificate), proof of residence (ex: utility bill), and shot records
- For assistance, you can call the Office of School Choice at 713-556-6734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about the 3-year-old policy click here
- To find a school near you, visit the Find a School page.
APPLICATION DEMONSTRATION VIDEO
Early childhood education offers our youngest learners strong foundations built on solid concepts, as well as individual and group discovery.
HISD has 154 elementary campuses with Pre-K that provide nurturing environments for young learners to reach their highest potential, as well as 8 Early Childhood Centers (ECC) which cater specifically to our youngest learners. If space is available, tuition-based Pre-K is accessible for students who do not meet eligibilty requirements to attend prekindergarten.