- Auditions will be held in groups.
- Games and collaboration provide an opportunity to see how the student interacts with others which is a vital part of the Theatre Magnet class.
- Other activities include “Walk-Like” where students are asked to move like a specific character, demonstrating their physical body awareness, flexibility and creative expression. Other exercises include improvisation activities.
- The teacher will conduct a one-on-one interview to discuss why the student wants to be in the class and determine personal goals.
- It is highly recommended that serious auditioning students prepare a monologue. Students with a memorized monologue will receive special consideration. If a students does not have a monologue, they may be asked to perform a cold read.