School Drop off and Pick-up Procedures
PikMYKid AppOnly those persons designated by the parent or guardian may take a child from the school premises during the school day. The name of every person who will be allowed to pick up a student must be on the white registration card that is filled out at the beginning of each year. If several people are allowed to pick up a child, please write the full name of each one on a separate piece of paper and attach it securely to the white card. Identification will be requested of any person who comes to the office to pick up a student.
Faculty Parking Lot
The faculty parking lot is reserved for staff parking and as a drop-off spot for HISD buses and Day Care busses and parents until 7:35 AM. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended as this causes a back up of both staff and other drop off vehicles. Pull up to the designated drop off area. Thanks for your assistance.
Please follow the rules and drop students in designated areas only. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter. Please do not walk your child through the faculty parking lot. Please allow them to take the sidewalk to the front entrance of the school.
Breakfast begins at 7:15 a.m. Kinder - 5th grade students will have breakfast in the classroom. Pre-K students will have breakfast in the cafeteria. Parents, please drop them off in front foyer areas due to limited space in the cafeteria. Breakfast will be served until 8:00, therefore students should arrive on time.
Students should be picked up promptly at 2:50 p.m.
- Pre-K students are picked up from the Faculty Parking lot circle.
- Parent Walk-up - Kindergarten is picked up from the front foyer.
- Parent Walk-up -1st - 5th grade will be dismissed from the middle doorway.
- Car Riders Kinder - 5th grade will be dismissed from the front foyer. If they have siblings they will meet them at the front foyer..
- Parents are asked to wait in their cars for car riders to eliminate parked car traffic. Parent walk ups are not allowed to wait at classroom door.
- Students not picked up by 3:00 will be escorted into the building and will be in the cafeteria waiting for pickup.
- If your child is in an after school program, please check with the sponsor as to dismissal times and pick them up promptly from the foyer. Most activities end at 4:05 PM
Students who are being picked up by parents in the afternoon must wait in front of the school. Students must wait in the classroom with their teacher until the parent has announced their arrival through the PikMyKid app.
There is no after school supervision for students after 3:05 p.m.