APPLICATION PROCESS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. Completed application: JOB ID 113088
2. Upload transcript(s) from ALL colleges and universities attended in the United States (including Junior/Community, undergraduate, and graduate)
- Have a conferred four-year bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- 2.45 - 2.49 on your bachelors degree: Passing score on TX-PACT required
- 2.5 and above on your bachelors degree: Transcripts will be evaluated to determine certification pathway
- 2.44 and below on your bachelors degree will not be accepted
- Testing history will be considered (two or more failed attempts will not be accepted).
- All foreign degrees must include a course by course evaluation from an https://tea.texas.gov/texas-educators/certification/out-of-state-certification/certification-based-on-credentials-from-another-country:
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States, not including US Territories or;
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree earned from one of these countries: American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, India, Ireland, Gibraltar, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Singapore, Trinidad/Tobago, Turks and Caicos, United Kingdom and U.S. Pacific Trust or;
- Pass the TOEFL-iBT exam click here with the minimum scores below:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States? (if offered a position to work in the Houston Independent School District, you will be required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I9) and produce documentation of your identity and authorization to work).
3. Resume (updated and uploaded)
4. Three current references (with email addresses and contact information)
5. Essay (250 word minimum)
6. Interview (Passing Score)
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Click START to begin the application.
- Complete all personal information sections.
- For "Vacancy Desired" make sure JOB ID 113088 is checked.
- Complete all required fields of the application.
- Click Finish and Submit at the bottom of the page.
Now that you've applied, learn more about completing your initial TExES content exam.