Phase II Deadline: February 28,2020
All current PreK aged students who are not zoned to Patterson Dual Language and Literature Magnet School must submit an application by February 28,2020. After February 28,2020 no exceptions can be made.
Phase II: Out of District Transfers
Will open after March 1,2020
2020-2021 Patterson Dual Language and Literature Magnet Transportation Request
Parents of Kinder - 4th Grade students, please fill out this mandatory survey!
Magnet Student and Transportation Survey
Make Patterson Your Choice!
Academics: Magnet Program
Patterson Elementary has a school-wide literature magnet program, in which all students participate. Our school prides itself with having a full scope of learning opportunities that impact student achievement. Instructional specialists provide small group intervention in all content areas. These interventions occur in our Extended Day Tutorials and The Patterson Saturday Learning Camp. Our students also complete in various academic competitions, such as University Interscholastic League (UIL), Spelling Bee, and Name that Book. (See below for more details)
Making Learning Fun
Here are some other exciting things happening at Patterson:
- Curriculum that focuses on reading in all content areas
- IB Candidate School
- Monthly Literature Café Showcases and Family Reading Nights
- Hands-on, inquiry based learning in our state-of-the-art Science Lab
- Dual Language Program (Offered for PK-5th grade next year)
- Neighborhood Vanguard Gifted & Talented Program
- Competition in University Interscholastic League (UIL) events
- Recipe for Success Cooking Club
- Robotics Afterschool Program
- Bluebonnet Book Club & Name that Book Clubs
- Battle of the Books
- Competition in Spelling Bee
- Book Character & Author Visits
- Campus Visit from the Houston Grand Opera
- Houston Ballet Visits
- Houston Symphony
- Spelling Bee
- Name that Book Club
- Personal iPads for all 5th Grade Students
- Two Computer Labs for Student Use
- Exploration of different genres of reading in our Literature Labs
Interested in Learning More about us?
School Choice School Fair for Out of District Students Only: February 15,2020 at North Side High School
1101 Quitman St, Houston, TX 77009
Learning about Magnet Programs
Parents should become familiar with Magnet programs by:
Attending one of Houston ISD’s School Choice Open Houses on Saturdays
Sterling High School: September 28, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Washington High School: October 12 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Sharpstown High School: November 2, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Milby High School: November 16, 2019 from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Attending a Magnet Tour at Patterson at 9:00 a.m. on a Thursday from October 10-December 5 or by appointment