Greetings Longhorn Students and Parents,
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Jane Long Academy, I am delighted to welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year. We are energized and deeply committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our students and look forward to a productive partnership to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both home and school. We will accomplish this by setting high academic goals and expectations for all students and providing supportive systems to assure they are met. The staff at Jane Long Academy will make every effort to graduate, become successful members of society, and compete in an increasingly complex world in which they will work and live.
It is my hope that all students get involved in our school through our magnet programs, fine arts, athletics, student organizations, clubs, and community volunteerism. Your partnership and involvement are greatly appreciated during the school year as we work to build and maintain our programs. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, prepared for the day’s learning experience.
- Read daily to develop a passion for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Share school experiences with you so that you are informed of his/her school life.
- Notifies you if he/she needs additional support in any subject area.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college.
Please help me welcome them, along with the rest of the Jane Long Academy family, to what I know will be the BEST year yet!
I am grateful and honored to serve as Principal of Jane Long Academy. The opportunity to lead a school and community with such unique and persevering students gives me an abundance of pride and joy.