for the 2021-2022 School Year
Hiring for the following critical shortage areas, as well as all teacher vacancies posted:
- Bilingual Education
- Secondary Science
- Secondary Mathematics
- Special Education
- Autism, Life Skills, Preschool Programs for Children with Disabilities (PPCD),
- Deaf Ed, Behavioral Service Center (BSC) specialties only
New Teacher Starting Pay: $54,369
That’s why we place an emphasis on ensuring our students become Global Graduates — possessing the characteristics they need to be successful in college and to compete in today’s global workforce. With innovative programs and unprecedented connections to corporate partners and local colleges and universities, HISD teachers are supported every step of the way as they guide our students’ journey from pre-K to Global Graduate.
If you are ready to join Team HISD and help us produce Global Graduates, scroll down to learn more about how you can become one of our effective teachers
The combination of a great job and a vibrant city means HISD and Houston is the perfect place to start your teaching career.
- Our New Teacher Academy provides the support network you need to be successful
- Rigorous professional development will help you grow as an educator
Continue your journey at HISD, where you can further enhance your craft in a district that is committed to developing its teachers.
- Innovative programs allow you to utilize technology to help teach your students
- Career pathways allow teachers to grow their skills and develop into teacher leaders
Ready for a new challenge in your career? Find out how teaching at HISD is both inspiring and rewarding.
- Specialized support for those switching to a teaching career
- Robust observation and feedback to help you refine your teaching practice
April 24, 2021
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Achieve 180 Virtual Teacher Hiring Event
May 31, 2021
September 6, 2021
September 16, 2021
November 22, 2021
November 23, 2021
November 24, 2021
November 25, 2021
November 26, 2021