Financial Aid
    In order to receive financial aid such as grants and loans, students must fill out the FAFSA or the TASFA by using their parent’s income tax information in the spring semester of their senior year. Since students are under the age of 24 and are considered dependents, they are required to use their parents' income tax information. Awarded financial aid will be on a first come, first serve basis. For parents, this means it is very crucial to file your taxes as early as possible in order to qualify for the max amount of financial aid your student can possibly be offered based on financial need and cost of attendance per college/university.


    Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    This is a free financial aid application for students that are either U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents only. To qualify for priority consideration for financial aid awards, students must submit their financial aid applications starting in December through early spring (depending on the college or institution) annually.  

    FAFSA Application


    Texas Application for Student Financial Aid (TASFA)

    Students who do not have a U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency will submit a TASFA financial aid application. The application is available in English and in Spanish. In many cases, qualifying TASFA students are also eligible for a work permit and temporary two-year status.


    TASFA Application

    Income Tax Transcript Requests
    Ordering Online: Get Your Tax Record
    Pick Up Locations: Nearest location is highlighted in red below


    1919 Smith St.
    Houston, TX 77002 

    Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.


    Services Provided

    (281) 721-7021 

    Houston (NW) 

    12941 I45 N
    Houston, TX 77060 

    Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.


    Services Provided

    (281) 721-7021 

    Houston (SE) 

    8876 Gulf Freeway
    Houston, TX 77017 

    Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.


    Services Provided

    (281) 721-7021 

    Houston (SW) 

    8701 S. Gessner
    Houston, TX 77074 

    Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.


    Services Provided

    (281) 721-7021


     Financial Aid Checklist


    Please bring the following items starting in December to apply for financial aid.

    You will be unable to complete your FAFSA or TASFA without this information.


    o   Student and both parents’ Social Security numbers, if applicable

    o   Student’s Driver’s License, if applicable

    o   Student and both parents’ W-2 Forms and other records of money earned in

    o   Student and both parents’ 2022 Federal Income Tax Return

    o   Student and parents’ 2022 untaxed income records such as Social Security,

    Veteran’s Benefits, Welfare Benefits, Child Support, Alimony, TANF, etc.

    o   Student and both parents’ 2022 business and investment mortgage

    o   Student’s alien registration card if the student is a permanent resident

    o   A list of colleges or universities where the student has applied

    o   Parents’ marriage date or divorce date (month and year), if applicable




    Lista De Verificación Para Ayuda Financiera


    Por favor de traer los siguientes documentos empezando en Enero para poder
    para ayuda financiera. Sin esta información, no podrá el estudiante


    o   Los números de Seguro Social del estudiante y de los padres

    o   La licencia de conducir del estudiante, si es aplicable

    o   Las formas W-2 del estudiante y de los padres, y documentos de otro dinero
    ganado en el 2022

    o   La declaración de impuestos Federal 2022 del estudiante y los padres

    o   Documentos del estudiante y padres de ingresos libres de impuestos como
    los beneficios de SSI, de veteranos, del bienestar, Child Support,  pensión,
    TANF, etc.

    o   Estados de cuenta del banco de el estudiante y los padres en el 2022

    o   Información de negocios y hipoteca del estudiante y los padres, si el aplicable

    o   La tarjeta de residencia del estudiante si el es residente permanente

    o   Lista de colegios y universidades donde el estudiante ha aplicado

    o   La fecha de cuando los padres del estudiante se casaron o de divorcio