ABOUT HOGG OUTDOORS
The Hogg Outdoors Initiative is an overarching plan to renovate and beautify the outdoor campus of Hogg Middle School. Our goal is to create an attractive, welcoming, and safe space for our children and their families in which to learn and grow. This plan is just one of many exciting new developments at Hogg M.S. and we invite everyone in the community to take part. Visit our page How to Help Hogg Outdoors to learn more about our fundraising efforts and how you can contribute to this great project.
The Hogg Outdoors project is divided into two segments:
- Athletics Field Renovation: We plan to revitalize the athletics facilities on the northern end of the Hogg M.S. campus for use among all of our outdoor sports teams, including football, soccer, track, and cross country. In addition, we hope to create an inviting community space for our Hogg families, as well as members from around the community to enjoy outside school hours.
- Hogg Community Garden: The new Hogg Garden will be used by our Culinary Arts Program to provide regular organically-grown produce for our cooking classes. The Garden will be entirely student-driven, giving our Culinary Arts participants a fantastic opportunity to learn about healthy eating and sustainable living.
New Additions to the Hogg M.S. Campus
Athletic Field Renovation
- Expanded and resurfaced field
- New outdoor basketball court
- New surrounding track
- Irrigation system
- New batting cages
Hogg Community Garden
- 8 new raised garden beds
- Equipment storage shed
- Compost station
- Irrigation and rainwater catchment
- Outdoor kitchen and gazebo