RAZORBACK PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND ATHLETICS
Physical Education @ Hogg
Our classes focus on conditioning, flexibility, health and team sports.
- PE classes need a gray Hogg t-shirt and red PE shorts.
- All students need to wear socks and appropriate footwear.
- Running or tennis shoes are required.
- All students need a combination lock (coaches will supply one) PE lockers are for class period use only.
- Athletic lockers are for semester use.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle, deodorant, and body wipes. Body sprays are permitted however glass containers are prohibited in the gym and locker rooms.
- Sunglasses, hats and sunscreen are allowed however sunglasses and hats may only be worn outdoors.
Students start each class period with a 100. Students who do not dress out properly (full uniform) will not be allowed to dress out and will receive a 50 for that day. Non dress and non-participation without a doctor’s note will result in a grade of 50 for the day as well. After 3 unexcused non dresses in a 6 weeks, parent contact will be made, student’s grade will result in a 50 for the day. Parents please encourage your child to come prepared for class.
The purpose of the Hogg athletic program is to provide an opportunity for each student athlete to participate and share in a positive environment of spirited competition. The Hogg athletic staff’s goal is to instill basic values that build character, self-discipline, and self-esteem as an individual and member of a team.
Athletic Goals & Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Hogg athletic staff are to guide each student towards becoming a more effective citizen through the following learning opportunities:
- Cooperation — Understand the concept of teamwork: self-discipline, respect for others, pride, loyalty, trust, and commitment.
- Self-Discipline — Do what you are supposed to do, when you are supposed to do it, to the best of your ability.
- Sportsmanship — Accept any defeat as a true sportsman, knowing we have done our best.
- Improvement — One must establish goals and constantly work towards achieving those goals, improving in the skills and knowledge that enhance the success of the team.
- Success — We do not always win, but we succeed when we continually strive to do our best. One can learn to accept defeat by striving to win with earnest dedication.
- Fitness — Develop desirable personal health habits for a lifetime of fitness.
- Leadership — Develop leadership skills on and off the field.
All eligible 7th and 8th graders are able to participate in Hogg sports. Wrestling, Softball, Baseball and Squash are offered as a club sport, and are available to all students (including 6th graders).
To participate in Hogg sports, the following forms must be recieved from a coach, from the main office or downloaded, completed and returned to the coaches by the stated deadlines (no exceptions):