Notice to Parents:
This letter is to inform you that your child is attending a school identified as a Texas Education Agency Public Education Grant (PEG) school for the 2018-2019 school year. This identification allows you to transfer your child to another school, with space available, because your child’s enrolled school is PEG identified for one or more of the following reasons:
- Campus passing rates on a STAAR tested subject(s) less than or equal to
50 percent (50%) in any two of the preceding three years (2015, 2016, and 2017);
- Campus accountability rating of Improvement Required in 2015, 2016, or 2017
If you would like to request a transfer to an eligible PEG transfer school for the 2018-2019 school year, you may:
- Request a transfer to an HISD school eligible to receive PEG transfers (see list of eligible transfer schools on back)
- Request a transfer to another school district to accept your child as a tuition-free transfer student under the State’s Public Education Grant (PEG) program
Please follow the guidelines below in transferring your child to an eligible HISD school:
- Complete the Student Transfer Application form (attached) for the selected school from the “2018-2019 Eligible HISD Schools with Space Available to Receive Public Education Grant Transfers” (listed on back) and submit the form to the requested school or the Office of School Choice
- PEG transfer requests are approved on a space available basis
- The transfer school must offer the appropriate educational program (Special Education, Bilingual Education, etc.) for your child
- Transportation is not provided for PEG transfers. Transportation to the transfered school will be the parents’ responsibility
- PEG transfers follow School Guidelines and Student Code of Conduct and therefore may be revoked for unacceptable behavior subject to disciplinary action and/or excessive absences
If you would like to transfer your child to another school district, please contact that school district for the appropriate procedures.
If you would like more information about the PEG or School Choice transfers, please call the Office of School Choice at 713-556-6734.