PHASE 1: SEPTEMBER 10th - NOVEMBER 11th
The Phase 1 application window for the 2021-2022 Magnet and Program Choice Transfers is now open. Apply online to be considered for the Phase 1 lottery. Applications must be submitted by November 11th to be considered for Phase 1. All qualified applications submitted during Phase 1 will be entered into a lottery. We highly recommend submitting applications before the deadline to ensure documentation verification.
PHASE 2: NOVEMBER 12th -March 10, 2022**
All qualified in-district applicants will be considered on a space-available basis and will be placed on the offered list after Phase II closes.
**Deadline for HISD Students to apply for transfers**
PHASE 3: March 11, 2022 - Onward
All qualified applicants that are currently NOT in HISD or out of the district will be considered on a space-available and first-come-first-served basis.
- Visit HISDChoice.com to apply online.
- Paper applications are available online. However, it is highly recommended that you complete the application online since it provides more options for tracking and staying up-to-date. The G/T application deadline is November 6, 2021.
Entering Kinder Vanguard Testing Dates
Entering Kinder Testing Location
Vanguard Testing for Grades 1st - 4th
Parents must request testing at their enrolled/zoned HISD School and online via HISD Parent Portal
***November 6, is the deadline is for both Vanguard Magnet applicants AND G/T Neighborhood applicants***
- Vanguard Applications will require documentation. All program choice applications will require documentation.
- Please be on the lookout for emails or phone calls related to your applications.
- Applications will not be approved for the lottery without the appropriate documentation.
Visit the link above for FAQ in regards to Magnet/Choice SchoolsFor further information, please contact:Edith Santiago
Carrillo Vanguard Magnet Coordinator
960 S. Wayside Drive
Houston, TX 77023
Fax: (713) 924-1873