Accepting PK-4 Applications, Space is limited!
All applications must be entered online at HISDChoice.Com
Phase 2 applications are open until August 24
Phase 3 Tuition based and Pk-3 notification are moved to June 21 (formerly June 1st)
To register, please upload the following documents if possible to the school choice website.
- Proof of Address (most recent utility bill, lease agreement,
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Social security card
- Current Immunization records (4 year old immunizations)
- Parent ID
- Proof of Income
Please schedule an appointment by calling us at 713-924-1870. Leave a message and we will reach out to you as soon as we can.
- PK students must be four years old on or before September 1st
- Live within the boudaries of Houston Independent School District
AND meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Child is homeless
- Child unable to speak or understand English as determined by the Home Language Survey
- Child is economically disadvantaged
- Child of an active-duty member of the U.S. military or one who has been killed, injured, or missing in action while on active duty
- Child is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Child meets any eligibility criteria for Head Start
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer as defined in Section 3106.002, a firefighter as defined in Section 3106.003, or an emergency medical first responder as defined in Section 3106.00Z
For families that do not meet any of the above criteria, but have noted their child as an English Language Learner applications will be desiganted as "Qualified pending" until the preLAS can be administered prior to the first day of school.
For more information in regards to PK enrollment please visit HISD Early Childhood.