HISD will sponsor H1B visas for current employees who are working in critical shortage areas:
- Secondary Math
- Secondary Science
- Bilingual Education
- Special Education
- Select ESL teachers
- Select Secondary Spanish teachers
- Speech Therapist
- School Psychologist
To be eligible for sponsorship:
- The principal may make a referral with the area superintendent’s approval.
- The employee must hold a standard teaching certificate in the critical shortage area / content area.
- The employee must remain on the campus in the position for which they are being sponsored.
- The employee must also meet the current prevailing wage.