GT Application & Testing
Dear WUES Families,
Students in grades K-5 may apply to the HISD Gifted & Talented Program (GT) for the 2024-25 school year. Current HISD 2nd-grade students have already been tested this year; no application was necessary. KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY TEST THIS YEAR. Kindergarten parents must apply to have their students tested for GT.
This application is not for entering kindergarten students for the 2024-2025 school year. Information about that testing window will be shared after winter break.
Current West U K-1st & 3rd-5th Grade Students
- Submit applications by December 1, 2023
- Any non-GT-identified student is eligible to test
- GT testing will take place Nov. 13 - Dec. 16, 2023, at WUES during school hours
- GT matrix scores will be mailed in the spring
- The GT application for current West U students may be found HERE. This form must be completed even if an HISD form was previously submitted.
Non-HISD K-5th Grade Students Zoned to West U
- Submit applications by November 27, 2023
- GT testing will take place at WUES on 2 SATURDAYS: Dec. 2nd & 9th
- Parents will be contacted to arrange testing times and dates
- GT Matrix scores will be mailed in the spring
- The GT application for non-HISD students may be downloaded HERE. This form and required documentation must be submitted even if an HISD form was previously completed.
Please contact our GT Coordinator, Ms. Crowley email@example.com if you have any questions.