What does the School Nurse do?I am here every day for the children at West University Elementary School.I do many things and am here to help your children stay healthy and be their best. Here are some things I do:
- Administer medication to children-daily or as needed (I cannot give over the counter medication without a special form, signed by parent and physician)
- Assess children at school that may be sick. If your child has a fever do not send them to school. I send children home with a fever over 100.4 If they have a fever over 101.0 they should be fever free for 24 hours before coming back to school.
- Give first aid to children and staff as needed.
- Screen children for vision and hearing. The district requires us to screen Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd and 5th graders.
- Teach classes to the students on handwashing, cold prevention, dental health, sun safety and growth and development.
West University Elementary School3756 University Blvd.Houston, TX 77005Telephone: 713-295-5215Fax: 713-667-8514Email: Please allow at least 24 hours for a response to your email. For urgent messages please call the main office.West University Elementary School3756 University Blvd. Houston, TX 77005Telephone: 713-295-5215
Fax: 713-667-8514Email: firstname.lastname@example.org