Below are a few things that teachers usually ask about.
Let me know if there are any other items that can be added to this list.WebsitesAccess District Email from HomeThe username field must include AD\username. Notice the back slash (\).ChanceryGradeSpeedGradeSpeed from HomeTroubleshootingBasic UpdatesAdobe- Adobe Flash Player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer- Adobe Shockwave Player http://get.adobe.com/shockwave- Java http://www.java.com- Windows Update http://www.update.microsoft.comTips- Computer is on, but no image on the monitor or projector? Check power cords and other cables connecting to the computer.- Computer/monitor will not turn on? Check power cords, power strips, power outlets or the power button on monitor.- Computer freezes? Force the computer to shut down by pressing and holding the power button until it shuts down.(If this continues to happen, please submit a technical support request to jayala@houstonisd.)Setup HISD Email on Mobile DevicesThese directions are general. Refer to the documentation that came with your device.
- HISD uses Microsoft Exchange for their email system; make sure you select that option.
- Username: enter the one you use to login to your school computer
- Password: enter the one you use to login to your school computer
- Domain: AD
- Note: some devices will ask for the domain and username together; i.e. AD/username or AD\username
- Mail Server: mail.houstonisd.org
- SSL: yes
Last Modified on March 26, 2013