A core value of the Houston Independent School District is Student Learning is the Main Thing. School health services are intended to minimize health barriers to learning for students. Some examples of school health related services are:
- Nursing assessments
- Health counseling
- Medical referrals
- In school care management of chronic health conditions
- Vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings/referrals
- Communicable disease prevention/interventions (i.e., immunization compliance, health alerts)
- First aid
- Medication administration
- Treatments and procedures.
Though the health clinic at Sam Houston Math, Science and Technology Center (Sam Houston MSTC) is not a full service medical clinic, the staff can assist you with local healthcare resources.