After-School Specialty Programs
Session 3 Specialties sign-up has closed. Session 3 will run from March 20th - May 25th.
What are Specialties classes?
A variety of fee-based after-school classes called "Specialties" are offered to ALL students during 3 -twelve-week sessions throughout the school year. Your child does not have to be enrolled in the After-School Care program to participate!
Specialty classes meet twice a week, either M/W or T/Th. Students in grades K-2 may select Specialties during 3:00-4:15 pm. Students in grades 3-5 may select classes from 3:00-4:15 pm and/or 4:15-5:30 pm. Sign-up occurs just before each session begins. Registration is first-come, first-serve only.
Specialties change during the school year and vary by grade level. Cost is $325 for students not enrolled in Roberts After School Care program and $75 for those already in ASC.
Session 3 Specialties Descriptions
K – 2nd Grade Specialties (3:00 – 4:15)
- Dance – a mixture of assorted styles of dance and creative movement
- Chess Beginner- Students will learn the basics of chess.
- Chess Intermediate– For students who already know the basics and want to learn strategies to improve their play.
- JumpBunch - Introduces children to a wide range of activities in a fun, positive way and encourages healthy habits, improved coordination, and confidence through physical fitness.
- Meet the Masters art class– Art history explored through hands-on experiences through different mediums. Students will learn about famous artists and the history of their techniques.
- Soccer-Soccer with Ms. Yeny: Years of experience and a passion for the game have culminated in a desire to teach the next generation of super strikers!
- Piano – Piano with Mr. Cole! A small-group class that offers exceptional piano lessons in a fun and engaging environment. Great for beginner students and intermediates alike.
3rd – 5th Grade Specialties (3:00 – 4:15 and 4:15 – 5:30)
- Chess– Students will learn the basics of chess or expand their skills and have the chance to compete in various tournaments.
- Filmmaking- Students will learn how to edit, write scripts, & produce their own movie, using light painting, green screening, stop motion and time lapse.
- Photography– Students learn camera and photography principles, including composition and framing. They will create a final project incorporating their own images and text, which culminates with their work being displayed at FotoFinish/Fotofest in May, a professional exhibition of student work. Cameras provided.
- Robotics– Students will design and build programmable robotic mechanisms with Lego Mindstorms® education kits taught by American Robotics Academy
- Watercolor Painting-A peaceful way to unwind and relax, your student will be immersed in a world of color and creativity.
- Canva Design-Design with Ms. Sara: From blogging to email to marketing, learning how to design content using Canva. A digital app that will help you design and create whatever your heart desires.
- Theatre – Instruction in dance, singing and acting that builds into the performance of a musical scene/showcase. This workshop gives students (trained and untrained alike) the opportunity to perform in a musical number.
- Illustration – Crank up your creativity and explore the world of visual art, creativity, and illustrations.
Questions? Please contact Sofia Marroquin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Sofia Marroquin at email@example.com for additional information.
READY TO SIGN UP FOR SPECIALTY CLASSES?
Session 3 sign-up has closed.