Health Science Academy
Welcome to Career Pathway: Health Science!The Health Science Academy is committed to developing focused, reflective, experiential learners with the ability to work collaboratively within the health care system.
In the Health Science Academy, you will experience the skills and knowledge required to begin a successful career in the medical health profession.
CoursesIn addition to the standard electives offered to all Heights students, the Health Science Academy also offers a Health Science Technology Curriculum.Health Science Technology Curriculum
- First year students explore various health careers, the human body, and medical terminology.
- Second year students gain clinical experience by job shadowing with health care professionals at local hospitals and medical centers.
- Third year students work in an entry-level position as health care workers in the career preparation class.
- A new addition to the curriculum, Pharmacy Technician. Courses include Intro tech I, Intro Tech II, and Intro Tech III. Upon verification of high school and course completion, students will be eligible to take the Pharmacy technician certification exam.
Dress CodeHeights students are expected to come to school everyday dress appropriately to ensure the health and safety of everyone on campus.
- Observation of actual surgeries
- Semi-annual schoolwide blood drive
- Museum of Health Science field trip
- Breast Cancer Awareness seminar
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) activities
- Uniform Tops- Maroon, white or gray polo style shirts (undershirts permitted- solid maroon, white, or gray)
- Pants- Khaki pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, and capris will be allowed. Pants must not be torn or ripped (no sagging pants).
FYI: Heights High School is a CLOSED CAMPUS FOR LUNCH!
CreditsA student will be denied credit for a class when the student accumulates five or more unexcused absences in a class during the semester.