Applying for Admissions at Challenge for 2018-2019
Challenge Early College High School is now a Magnet School!
Welcome to Challenge Early College HS! And thank you for your interest in our school!
Applications start from September 22nd- December 8th for Phase 1
1) HOW TO APPLY:
- See explanation on the “new ranking system” page.
- We offer magnet tours every Thursday starting October 5, 2017 until December 7, 2017 from 1 PM until 2:05 PM (Please be on time, the tour is no longer than 1 hour)
The online application will be available September 22nd!
2) MAKE SURE YOU RANK YOUR PROSPECTIVE SCHOOLS VERY CAREFULLY3) WHAT DO YOU NEED WHEN YOU APPLY
- Proof of residence update: The completed application with all required documents must be submitted by December (TBD) for guaranteed consideration in the first round.
If you are selected to attend, you will need to turn in a current proof of residency with your acceptance paperwork.
Notification of acceptance occurs at the end of March.
During registration, you will also be requested to turn in a current proof of residency.
Registration for newly accepted students typically happens during the summer.
If you move prior to notification in late March or at any time after acceptance, we will request a current proof of residency.
- Challenge Early College High School falls under "Separate and Unique School" (SUS) guidelines, and, as such, we are required to only admit students who live within HISD boundaries. We regularly conduct investigations to ensure that our applicants, as well as our current students, are in compliance with the SUS residency guidelines.
Magnet Coordinator: Manuel Deleon