• Nurses Corner

  • Medical Care at School

    Prescription medication can be administered at school only when advance written parental and physician permission is on file and only by designated personnel. For additional information, please speak to the school principal or school nurse. Schools will contact parents or a designated relative or family friend if a student becomes ill or suffers an injury. Be sure to list all emergency telephone numbers on each child’s enrollment card.

    Students are not allowed to carry or self-administer medicines at school.
    The only exceptions to this rule are:

              Inhalers for asthma
              Diabetic supplies
              Epi-pens for severe food allergies

    Does your child have Health Insurance? Click on link for information English.......Spanish

    West Nile Virus Prevention: http://hisdacademics.org/2012/08/27/west-nile-virus-prevention/

Health forms