How to Apply
Students may apply to 10 Magnet programs with no more than 5 Vanguard selections.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
- If you had an account last year, please use it again. Create an account if you did not create one last year. Click here to create an account or log-in with your username/password.
- Agree to Requirements & Policies
- Complete Student Information
- Complete Family Information
- Complete Sibling Information (if applicable)
- Recommendations (if applicable)
- Review and Send (Application will not be processed untli you select "Submit my Application")
USING A PAPER APPLICATION
STEP 1: GATHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
For students who are not new to HISD, there will normally be no required documents to submit. However, for students new to HISD or for those missing documents, there are several options this year for submitting documents.
STEP 2: DELIVER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (YOU HAVE SEVERAL OPTIONS)
- Upload required documents directly from online application system (must be legible)
- Mail or deliver copies of the documents to the Office of School Choice at: 4400 W. 18th Street, Houston, TX 77092-8501
- Mail or deliver copies of the documents to each school you are applying to.
STEP 3: MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNT AND FOLLOW UP
Online Applications: If you have applied online, make sure to monitor your account and the email address that you provided when you created your account.
Paper Applications: If you submitted a paper application, call the schools to which you have applied to see if there are any additional steps that are required.
STEP 4: ACCEPTING A MAGNET SPACE
If you are accepted into a program and wish to accept your offered place, at least one parent/guardian must visit the desired school and sign an entrance agreement. Parent/guardian must bring all required documents (proof or residence and proof of age if entering PK or K). NOTE: Failure to deliver all required documents by April 10, 2015 or providing incorrect information will mean that you are no longer guaranteed a place at that school.
It is the policy of the Houston Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.