Second Grade Resources
- Nat Geo Kids
- Astronomy for Kids
- Magic School Bus
- Ms. Nuss Baum Science
Reading and Writing Links
Myon is an online enhanced library. They offer a variety of titles, including graphic novels which are very popular. Students get better at reading if they read. And they will read if they can have choice and if they can pick the books that they like. Students can pick any they want and the books will be on the students reading level. After reading the student then rates the book. Student earn badges for reading, rating, and taking quizzes on the books they read. You can access Myon from home at http://myon.comIstation is an internet-based comprehensive reading intervention program that ensures that students reach their full reading potential.
Install Istation on your home computer or tablet!
Step 1 (First time set-up only) Download on your Windows, Macintosh, iPad, or Chromebook here. Follow the directions on the download sheet found on the same webpage as the download link above. Your domain name is Kolter.houston.TX.Imagine Learning is available to some of our students. The login for those students is at http://houstonisd.imaginelearning.net/ile?studentlogin. In order to use this program at home, you must have the free software Silverlight installed and it will not work with Google Chrome.
- Harcourt Online** - Great Language Arts resource from Harcourt Education Company
- Gamequarium Language Arts**- The site that swims with learning fun.
- Grammar Blast **- Have a blast with grammar!
- Earobics: Game Goo -Fun educational games that help develop early reading skills.
- Mr. Nuss Baum: Language Arts** - Amazing educational website with lots of games and activities.
- Elementary Test Preparation in Language Arts** - The title says it all.
Everyday Math OnlineUse this site to:-Play Online Math Games-Play the Fact Workshop game-Access the Student Reference Book online-Find the answers to homework-Find extra math opportunities and books to read
National Library of Virtual ManipulativesUse virtual manipulatives to explore a wide variety of mathematical concepts. Please carefully choose the sections that best fit you as a learner and explore away! http://nlvm.usu.edu/en/nav/vlibrary.html
- Archademic Skill Builders** - Awesome math games for basic math facts. Compete against other students online!
- Count Us In** - Games designed to help children understand basic number concepts.
- Gamequarium Math** - Links to over a thousand math games covering just about every math concept.
- Mr. Nuss Baum: Mathematics** - Incredible websites with games and activities for all areas of math.
- Elementary Test Preparation in Math** - The title says it all!
- AAA Math - Study Basic Math Skills. Unlimited Interactive Practice. Explanations and Examples. Challenge Games. Hundreds of Pages