Linked Learning approach, which connects academics to real-word experience, has demonstrated strong results at school districts across the nation – improving student engagement, reducing dropout rates, raising student achievement, and increasing high school completion. Additionally, students who participate in Linked Learning programs, transition better into post-secondary education and with stronger persistence and resilience. Linked Learning has also been shown to bolster a students’ earning power after high school.
More information: Linked Learning Fact Sheet (.pdf) About Linked Learning Houston (.pdf)
At Worthing High School, Linked Learning students learn through hands on engagement. Students choose career pathway, based on their interests and abilities. This pathway will guide future work-based learning opportunities.Highlights:
Worthing Career Pathways include: Hospitality Management, Animal & Health Science, and IT.
- Personalized instruction in their chosen pathway
- Site visits to colleges/universities and industry/business partners
- Career-based courses to give students a head start
- Opportunities to work in the field related to their pathway (work-based learning)
- Apprenticeships and internships
For more information contact the Worthing at 713-733-3433 or via email at email@example.com