Students in grades K-12 are eligible for assessment and, if identified as Gifted and Talented, are provided services (TEC 29.122 and 19 TAC §89.1(3));
G/T Testing Dates at Travis:
- All students living within HISD and not currently G/T-identified in HISD are eligible for G/T assessment once per school year;
- All HISD kindergarten and fifth grade students not currently G/T-identified are assessed;
- Assessment criteria is specified on the HISD G/T Identification Matrix;
- All assessments are administered during established testing schedules/timelines by trained HISD staff at the student’s current HISD school or a location designated by the Gifted and Talented Department;
- Assessments from outside sources are not accepted;
- Students must be five years old on or before September 1st of the given school year to be eligible for Entering Kindergarten Gifted and Talented testing.
Entering Kindergarten Students:
Entering Kindergarten Students that are interested in applying for the Vanguard GT must apply through the office of school choice during the application window. There will be an option to select GT testing in the application. Testing date and location information will be provided and organized by the HISD Gifted and Talented Department. (DO NOT USE A PAPER APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR Travis ES Vanguard Magnet Program).Universal Kindergarten
- Parents do not need to submit an application.
- Universal Evaluation Dates: November 14 - December 2, 2022.
- Exact testing dates will be communicated through Parent Square.
1st - 5th Grade Students Currently Enrolled at Travis ES
- Parents will apply through Power School. A Google form will be sent out through Parent Square in November, 2022 with more information. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Please note that 5th grade will not participate in universal testing. Parents will need to submit the request through Power School.
- Off Grade Level Evaluation Dates: January 9 - February 11
- Exact testing dates will be released in the middle of December 2022