Travis Elementary has been honored as a Recognized Inclusive School by Houston ISD in partnership with the Inclusive Schools Network.
Travis was chosen for our efforts in:
- Implementing inclusive practices to ensure a quality education for an increasingly diverse student population
- Empowering students with disabilities through full-inclusion Special Education services in the General Education setting, a Travis model since 1998
- Starting the new TREK program this year for students with autism
- Differentiating instruction to meet all our students' varied needs
- Implementing Conscious Discipline tenets and structures
- Celebrating diversity and uniqueness through No Place for Hate and Welcoming Schools initiatives and school-wide activities
- Teaching and modeling 'Tiger Traits' Character Education traits and lessons
We are thankful for our amazing students, teachers, and staff members who work hard to build a caring, conscientous learning environment that promotes inclusivity and equity. We are also grateful for the unwavering support of our families, who partner with our teachers and staff to create a truly unique school communty. This honor is a testament to the hard work, empathy, and vision of our Travis Family.