What Does a School Counselor Do?
- Help students when they have problems. for example: conflicts with peers, disorganization, family divorce or death of a loved one.
- Small group counseling offers a more authentic learning envirornment for children to learn and practice new skills with one another.
- Guidance lessons in the classroom focusing on social emotional learning, character education, conflict management and other skills.
- Work with our school Intervention Assistance Team (IAT) to help students struggling academically or behaviorally.
- Coordinate referrals for testing and Section 504 disabilities.
- Conference with parents to discuss concerns for their children.
Djuna PraterWest University Elementary School3756 University Blvd. Houston, TX 77005Telephone: 713-295-5215
Fax: 713-667-8514Email: email@example.comOffice Hours 7:30-3:00 pmOther times by appointment